The perfect trade fair stand setting needs a stable, functional and visually appealing foundation on which it can build and develop maximum impact. The exhibition stand floor is often overlooked, even though it is an important component in the conception and planning, and thus the foundation for a successful trade fair presentation – and leaves you spoilt for choice when it comes to creative design options. Alternative Übersetzungen auf DeepL.com anzeigen
So in this post, we’ll discuss step-by-step what to look for when choosing a floor.
The effect of the floor at the trade fair stand
In the beginning, you should keep in mind what the floor has to withstand at a trade fair. Thousands of interested people, often over several days, enter your stand and move around on it. Electricity, LAN cables and other connections are laid under the floor area so that there are no trip hazards. Furniture and sometimes heavy exhibits are placed on it and moved around, and what’s more, the foundation has to fit in visually with the overall appearance of the exhibition stand.
So there is a lot to consider when choosing a trade fair floor. And its effect should not be underestimated, because this apparent detail can make a big difference. The trade fair stand floor can be a striking eye-catcher, made of seductive, soft material that invites you to linger, optimise the acoustics in the hall or cleverly conceal the technical arrangements that are necessary for your perfect trade fair presentation.
Criteria for the appropriate selection
Have you considered everything? From floor material to slip resistance to the colour of the floor: before you decide on the foundation for your exhibition stand, this checklist will help you weigh up all the important criteria.
- Stability: The perfect trade fair stand needs a solid foundation. If the floor substructure or the floor covering is unstable, throws or is slippery, this not only endangers the success of the trade fair, but also the safety of the team and visitors.
- Durability: Many steps and sometimes enormous weight have to be carried – and usually for several days. If the floor is also reused for other events, the load limit must be correspondingly higher and be able to withstand repeated installation.
- Assembly and dismantling: Quick and uncomplicated are the magic words here. Because if the laying of the floor is particularly complex, more time and therefore also costs must be planned for it. In addition, the wear and tear after each assembly and disassembly should be as low as possible so that the floor can be used more than once in terms of sustainability.
- Fire protection: Accidents can always happen, especially where electrical equipment is involved. When many people come together, it is therefore always important to minimise risks. With a floor made of B1-certified, i.e. flame-retardant, material, you are on the safe side.
- Cleaning: When choosing a trade fair floor, consider all scenarios right away, because a cup of coffee is quickly spilled and thousands of pairs of shoes do not pass by without leaving a trace. How easy and, above all, how quickly can the floor be cleaned? Brief your exhibition stand staff on this and provide the necessary utensils just in case, so that such situations do not come at the expense of advice.
- Sustainability: A key word in today’s times. Look for environmentally friendly material , this not only contributes positively to the image of your company, but also ensures a relaxed conscience. In addition, look for environmentally friendly material, which not only contributes positively to the image of your company, but also ensures a relaxed conscience.
Last but not least, there is of course the question of what specific effect you want to achieve with the floor. The selection of the right material plays an important role in the appearance and effect of the exhibition stand floor.
The right material for the exhibition stand floor
From carpet to PVC to real wood: there are countless possibilities when it comes to choosing materials, depending on the overall concept, the technical requirements and the available budget. For example, the trade fair floor can prevent unwanted light reflections, dampen room noise and even ensure that standing and walking for long periods at the trade fair makes the feet less tired.
From classic to creative
The classic variant is usually rep or velour carpet, which is relatively cheap and available in many colors. Carpeting at the trade fair stand provides a cosy atmosphere, soft footfall and can enhance the often difficult acoustics in the exhibition hall. Care should be taken with the choice of colour, as unattractive marks often remain after a short time on shades that are too light.
If you want to let off steam creatively, go for vinyl flooring. It is inexpensive, robust and easy to clean, can therefore be reused without any problems and, above all, can be printed with any pattern or motif in the corporate design. PVC flooring can be installed directly, but like carpeting, it is not particularly sustainable.
Environmentally friendly materials include cork, linoleum and real wood. Because the latter is a great material but quite expensive to buy, many trade fair exhibitors opt for wood-look laminate instead. The advantage is not only the noble look, but above all the sustainability aspect, as such floors consist entirely or largely of renewable raw materials and are recyclable. Alternative Übersetzungen auf DeepL.com anzeigen
The functional version
Depending on the nature of the floor in the exhibition hall, it may be necessary to lay a raised floor, i.e. a wooden substructure with overlying floor panels on which cork, carpet or any other material can then be laid. This compensates for unevenness and creates a pleasant feeling when walking. If you have opted for laminate, the raised floor option is even unavoidable, as this cannot be laid directly on the hall floor.
A raised floor, also known as a lifting floor, platform floor or system floor, is also a practical option at the trade fair stand because technical equipment, lines, cables and other details can be hidden underneath, which otherwise have the potential to be a trip hazard and are visually less appealing.
Conclusion: The right exhibition stand floor as the basis for success
It pays to look down, because the right floor on your exhibition stand is by no means an unimportant detail. Depending on requirements, it can round off the overall appearance discreetly or serve as an eye-catcher that attracts prospective customers. In addition to the right material, sustainability, fire protection, durability and the ability to be assembled and disassembled also require careful consideration before the decision is made. But if your basis is then stable and cleverly designed, nothing stands in the way of a successful trade fair appearance.
Hopefully, we’ve been able to lay a solid foundation with this blog to help you choose your trade show booth floor. Do you still need help or would you like support from experts? Our team will be happy to help you with the conception and selection of your tailor-made trade fair stand concept.